VALUE! GREAT SOCIETY!
The WORLD SHIP SOCIETY is the premier organisation for ship
enthusiasts. Here are some of the facilities available to members
· BRANCHES: Over fifty local groups worldwide! Meetings, slideshows, competitions and visits to
ships or places of maritime interest
· MARINE NEWS: 64 pages, colourful, well-illustrated,
monthly magazine on merchant ships, naval ships & maritime matters. As well as articles over ten thousand ships
a year are notated newly built, sold, as casualties or demolished.
· CENTRAL RECORD: For an SAE or IRC tap into this unique
database of warships and merchant ships from the 1830s or earlier!
· PHOTO LIBRARY; A MAJOR collection of ship photos. Prints are available at reasonable cost through
regular Members Offers
· PUBLICATIONS: Fifty
WSS fleet lists & Specialist History books available to members at discount prices,
several new titles annually
· MUTUAL INTERESTS SCHEME: Members can be put in touch with
others who share the same interests
· WARSHIPS MAGAZINE: A great benefit to members this
quarterly magazine hones in deep on naval matters for only £12 per four issues.
· STARKE/SCHELL REGISTERS Listing ships built worldwide by
year these give invaluable details of ships and owners including the ultimate fates of
each vessel. Now available on disc too.
· LIBRARY & RESEARCH COLLECTION: The Societys
Library, Reading Room and Store in Kent (access by appointment) is a place where members
can research or enjoy a mass of maritime material
· SOCIETY SHOP; The Members Mail Order Shop, which sells
branded clothing. Magazine binders and a great range of useful maritime items
· SPECIAL EVENTS; Participate in Researchers Meetings,
Annual Naval Meet & Quiz in Bristol & the A.G.M. and Dinner at a different
location each year (with added shipping and social events).
Upcoming AGM: Kiel (2005).
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE WORLD SHIP SOCIETY:
For a free copy of the colourful magazine Marine
News and details about membership - just send your name and address to:
WSS (Quaysides), 101 The Everglades, Hempstead, Gillingham,
ME7 3PZ, UK