Quaysides

"Pholas"


pholasa.jpg (86444 bytes)

Departing King George Dock, Hull on 9th February 1984.

Built in 1958 by Caledon SB. & Eng. Co. Ltd. at Dundee as
"Elizabeth Bowater", renamed "Wimpey Sealab" in 1972 and
converted to a drill ship for soil sampling in 1974.
Further renamed "Pholas" in 1980.

3,774 GRT, Douglas registered.

pholasb.jpg (99900 bytes)

Seen here in King George Dock 22nd May 1986, very early morning!
Note the old 5 shed being demolished to the left.

pholasd.jpg (82495 bytes)

Berthed in Alexandra Dock Hull 15th February 1992.

norskald.jpg (96282 bytes)

Renamed "Norskald" under the Norwegian flag at the end of December 1995, this
view was taken at 11 quay King George Dock Hull on the 28th January 1996.


Back